February 20, 2019 | 36° F

Rutgers.edu

Recent Media:

Robin Diamond, the Assistant Dean and Director of Transfer Students, said her office is improving its communication by using web-based applications, such as creating the School of Arts and Sciences Transfer Mentor program.

Stephen Bronner, a professor in the Department of Political Science, was listed in the course schedule for two classes. When the semester began though, new instructors were assigned to teach his courses.

Gary Aston-James, the director of the Brain Health Institute and co-author of the study, said he manipulated drug-seeking patterns in his research to measure certain neurons' effect on the urge to take drugs.

William Castellano, professor and chair of human resources and management in the School of Management and Labor Relations, said one of the major differences of the online program was that it did not require a GRE or GMAT because participants in the program are required to have previous experience in human resources or other management. 

Francine Newsome Pfeiffer, the vice president for federal relations at Rutgers, worked with her office in Washington D.C. to secure more than $300 million in annual federal research grants and more than $400 million in student aid.  Francine Newsome Pfeiffer, the vice president for federal relations at Rutgers, worked with her office in Washington D.C. to secure more than $300 million in annual federal research grants and more than $400 million in student aid. 

Erik Kent (right) and Beth Kent (left) first started their online wedding business by connecting with vendors from their own wedding. Now, more than 300 business owners and service providers are part of the website, posting photos and advertisements for potential clients. 

Rutgers alumnus Eric Blackes (right) poses with Alex Trebek, the host of the game show "Jeopardy!" When Blacke was a student at Rutgers, he was part of a team that won the Cook/Douglass Trivia Bowl in 1999. 

Konstantinos Michmizos, an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science, said he is among one of the first research teams to incorporate brain cells with artificial intelligence. He is also working to make his research more accessible to the public. 

Huwe Burton's murder conviction was exonerated last month due to newly discovered evidence showing that he had falsely confessed to the crime. It was discovered that the detectives who had interrogated him had obtained false confessions from other men as well. 

Andrea Norberg, the exective director of the Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Center, said Washington D.C. had the highest rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis in the country, as well as the highest prevalence of HIV.

Melodee Lasky, assistant vice chancellor for Health and Wellness, said the vaccine routinely given to protect against meningococcal disease did not provide protection against the particular bacteria the student was infected with. 

Judith Graber, an assistant research professor at the Rutgers Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute, found 9/11 first-responder were 40 percent more likely to get head and neck cancer. 

The goal of the scuba club will be to connect divers with each other for social activities and group-encouragement. 

tien thuong mien phi 2019More Media